Tuesday 4 January 2011

Christmas over

So after 8 dogs, 3 babies, 1 man and 1 woman, 4 calendars, 1 painting, 1 tshirt, 35 christmas cards and Christmas... I got really really sick. I ran myself completely into the ground and had nearly a weeks bed rest. New years was amazing as Christmas was, and now never been more ready to start another year.

Tomorrow I start a 5 week programme working with the elderly to make 'memory books' compiling photos and images and memories in a way that they can learn to continue to do it themselves. We will discuss each decade from the 1950's onwards and hopefully get the residents at Buckingham House talking and interested in each other and in art and being creative. I've made them each a book to work in and hope to get them to make it their own.

A little nervous but really excited too, plus I get a free lunch each week before the session starts.

I've got my rockabilly Cd boxsets at the ready!! I'm gonna love it :D Jackie Wilson, Chuck Berry, Bobby Vee, Gene Vincent and Eddie Cochran...

Will update with photos from the first session soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment