Saturday 19 December 2009

Salty cornflakes !!!!

Totally unrelated to my art... today at the hospital where I work, I watched a woman describing every single image on a stack of christmas cards to a newly blind woman. She read out every message and then listened while the old woman explained who they were and told stories about her family and friends. It broke my heart to see the woman unable to read these herself but had my faith restored with this womans kindness... felt a bit of a twat when I started crying whilst serving cornflakes, mind.

I know I moan about my job a lot, but at least I'm on the more fortunate side of the hospital bed.

I've taken so much from that place and the people and for that I am grateful.

Perhaps this isn't so unrelated... as my views change, I guess my work will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment