Thursday 12 November 2009

A Study into the Meaning of Life...

Biologically, our purpose in life is to procreate. Individually, we create our own perceptions of life's value and meaning. The meaning of life constitutes a philosophical question of human existence or biological life in general. A different approach is the question, "What is the meaning of my life?". This is a question many people ask themselves during their lives, most in the context "What is the purpose of my life?", which is essentially a different question entirely. Many people like to assign a reason why they were here... and often this is defined by the job of that person. Of course religious conceptions of existence are also a common belief.

For me, this year has been particularly eventful to say the least; from deaths in the family to love lost and gained, to yet another car crash and a stint in jail. It certainly put my life into perspective and such events lead me to question my time. With a such moment of clarity, I feel very lucky and as a result, want to invite other people to question life and it's potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment